It takes tremendous time and talent to be a successful figure skater. And it takes tremendous time and talent to run a figure skating club. Membership in Valley Figure Skating Club requires commitment from both the skater and the supporting family member(s).
All members will be required to contribute volunteer hours per calendar year (July 1 to June 30).
- 25 hours per family (Intro Members 15 hours, Associate Members 10 hours)
- 5 hours are required during the January competition/test session weekend
- 5 hours are required for the Ice Show.
- Each family is also required to contribute 5 volunteer hours between the Appleton Family Ice Center and Tri-County Ice Arena - ** this is IN ADDITION to the 25 hour requirement to the Club **
- Members may "buy out" volunteer time for $500 annually($20/hr.). Unfulfilled hours are billed at $20/hr.
It is the responsibility of the club member to seek and arrange volunteer hours with the volunteer coordinator.
Typical volunteer opportunities include:
- Annual Fox Cities Competition in January
- Annual Spring Ice Show - many hours of preparation go into this event in the weeks leading up to the show as well as the weekend of the show
- Test Sessions- January, June and October
- Fundraiser Committee / Events like Hanging Baskets & Poinsettia sales
- Club event planning – Annual Banquet, Back-To-School night in September, Skate-a-thon
- Other Opportunities as they arise
- Be creative...we're open to ideas!!
We expect that all skaters and families recognize these requirements as a necessity for survival of our organization.
Volunteer Hours Reporting
Report Volunteer hours to:
Robin Keberlein: 920-427-1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the form provided below.