Membership is open to all skaters who have passed the Basic 6 level. Our calendar year runs from July 1 to June 30.
There are several pieces to the Membership puzzle. Each is described briefly below. Refer to the Member Agreement paperwork found on the Forms and Contracts section of the website.
Benefits of Membership
- Full, yearly membership in US Figure Skating (USFS)
- Official USFS membership card/I.D.
- Yearly subscription to "Skating" magazine, the official USFS publication
- Skater can test and compete at USFS test sessions and competitions
- The right to participate in yearly VFSC activities
- One parent/guardian is a yearly voting member of the VFSC
- Adults may become members of the Board of Directors
There are several different Membership options to choose from:
- Full Membership - $110 first skater/$45 each additional skater per family
- Introductory Membership - $55 first year skaters only (only available to those who have never been a member of USFS)
- Associate Member - $50 membership to VFSC only
- Coaching Member - $50 membership to VFSC
- Collegiate Membership - $80 1st year/$10 each additional year (up to 3 years)
While Membership fees include access to club ice times, they DO NOT include the ice fees. The fees VFSC collects for ice time do not fully cover the cost charged by the rinks. Those additional costs are covered by fundraising and donations.
- Individual ice contracts are purchased each season (fall, winter/spring, and summer)
- We have several different options:
- Buy specific sessions of ice time, based on per minute rate of $13 per 40-minute session
- Walk-on is $16/session for non-members, $14/session for VFSC members, and $13/session for collegiate skaters.
Coaches fees are separate expenses and must be arranged directly with the coach of your choosing.
- Average rates in our area range from $30-50/hour.
- Private lessons typically run in 10-20 minute increments per ice session and can be conducted during club ice times. Open practice usually makes up the remaining time during contracted ice sessions.
Other Membership Requirements/Commitments
- Must keep dues/USFS membership current for each contract period skated
- Proper liability waivers must be signed
- Follow proper skating etiquette for safety and well-being of all participants (Rules of Conduct)
- Volunteer hours – 25 hours is required per family (10 volunteer hours are required for associate members; 15 volunteer hours are required for introductory
- 8 hrs. @ annual competition/test session (at the actual event)
- 8 hrs. @ annual ice show (at the actual event)
- Each family is required to contribute 3 volunteer hours to Appleton Family Ice Center and 2 hours to Tri-County Ice Arena. **This is IN ADDITION to the 25 hour requirement to the club.**
- Mandatory fundraising commitment of $150 per family ($75 for introductory members)
- Business-size ad required in either the ice show or competition program (not required for introductory members)